SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2017
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the MTS exam. Candidates can check the SSC MTS exam pattern and syllabus on this webpage. If candidates initially get aware about the examination pattern and syllabus so they can prepare better for the exam. Read the below article to know more details about SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2016.
SSC MTS Paper I 2016 will be an OMR based Objective Paper of 150 Marks in Pen and Paper Mode. The duration of the paper would be for two hours. The detailed pattern will be as follows:
SSC MTS Paper-1
|Part||Subject||No of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for Handicapped Candidates|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||2 Hours||2 Hours 40 Mins.|
SSC MTS Paper-2
|Subject||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for Handicapped Candidates|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||30 minutes||45 minutes|
- As per the scheme of the SSC MTS examination, there shall be two papers viz. Paper – I and Paper – II.
- NOTE-I : Paper-I will consist of Objective Type- Multiple choice questions only.The questions will be set both in English & Hindi. The Commission reserves the right to set the questions additionally in regional languages subject to technical feasibility.
- NOTE-II: There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- NOTE-III: Paper-II will be descriptive in which the candidate will be required to write short essay/letter in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.
- NOTE-IV: Paper-II will only be of qualifying nature and is intended to test elementary language skills in view of recategorization of the post as Group-C and in view of job requirements.
- NOTE-V: Paper-II will be held only for such candidates who meet the cut-off prescribed by the Commission in Paper-I for different categories. The date and time of the Paper will be communicated to shortlisted candidates in due course. Commission reserves the right to set separate qualifying standard in any Part of Paper-I.
Stay connected with sscmts.in for all latest and relevant updates about SSC MTS 2016 Exam.